You will need to turn notification access off and then back on again:
- Go to the Settings area of your device.
- Scroll down to Sound & Notifications.
- Click on Notification Access: Uncheck ping and recheck it.
- Click OK.
On some devices (Samsung Galaxy S10 for example) these settings may be under Lock Screen & Security > Other Security Settings > Notification Access.
Please also note the following:
- The app will only pick up unread messages if you have had it in monitoring mode before.
- Please check that you are in Drive Mode (the big blue 'play' button at the bottom of the screen).
- Also, make sure that your messaging apps are open and running in the background. Your phone notifications for those apps must be turned on.
- Always check that the media volume, not ringer volume, is turned up and not muted.
If this does not work, we suggest you try a full reset:
- Go to Application Manager on your device.
- Look for ping, go to Storage.
- Clear data and clear cache until all values are zero.
- Click uninstall.
- Do a full phone restart. *VERY IMPORTANT*
- Go to https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.messageloud and reinstall ping.
- Set it up as before.
You should be good to go!
Drive safe, stay LOUD!
Please sign in to leave a comment.